Thursday, December 19, 2013

McCabes Guitars: Taylor Night: Wayne Johnson

Meet Wayne Johnson:  Guitar player extraordinaire.   OK, the extraordinaire part is strictly my editorializing.  But, he was amazing.


I can play.  And, I am no slouch at it.  But, I need it written down.  And, I don't....feel it ...if that makes sense.  At least, not in the same way.  There was a freedom when he played that was so refreshing. 

 
The typical guitar show like this has someone from the company introduce the professional...and he/she then plays a number of guitars and talks about them.   They talk about wood, body style, electronics, etc.
 
I am not sure my ear is discerning enough to pick up the subtleties.   I just know Wayne was amazing.  He is why I picked up my guitar again after a couple of years.  And, why I played publically last week for the first time in 2+ years. 
 
Thanks Wayne.  You were a wonderful source of inspiration.   I needed that kick in the backside. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment