Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Winnipeg: The Human Rights Museum

The Winnipeg Human Rights Museum opened in the fall of 2014.  I missed the grand opening on one of my trips by a day or two.  And, I have not yet been able to get there.  I will.

My understanding is that this is arranged so that the lower levels depict some of the more horrendous acts of human against human.  And, as the visitors go higher in the building, there is a progress of hope for the human condition.


I haven't been inside yet.  But, I will on my next visit.  It never ceases to amaze me how horrible human beings can be to one another.   The horror of the Nazi concentration camps are still within the memories of many.  And, today we see of burning humans alive in cages and decapitating them for a religious belief.

I have said many times that the most feared person is a religious or political zealot.   They will lead others to slaughter that disagree with them...all in their twisted logic of morality and righteousness.

In those cases, we need a strong government, dedicated to the foundations of the US Constitution where the rule of law should prevail.  And, we need a strong court system to reign in paranoid and power hungry politicians so they can't pass legislation that targets those who disagree with them and whom they see as political enemies.  And, we need a justice system that will hang those out to dry when they abuse their power to target innocent Americans.

God help us.  We have become more corrupt in the last 6 years that I could ever have imagined.

Maybe our friends in Canada can include a place in the human rights museum for US citizens who have been targeted by the very government pledged to support free speech and other rights granted to us by the Constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment