Thursday, March 5, 2015

Chicago: The Rivers

I had occasion to travel to Chicago in early October.  I haven't really been around the city much.  Normally, I fly in....get to a meeting....fly out.   This trip gave me time to walk about and get the "lay of the land".

It was actually pretty chilly.  But, walking around the city was a lot of fun.
I was curious about the weird small "buildings" floating on the river in different places.


There were several of these floating buildings.  It turns out the city was going to re-enact the famous Chicago fire (remember Ms. O'Leary's cow?).   So, several thousand people roamed the streets ready to watch the "city" go up in flames.







With the cold and rain, it didn't go well.   Most of the floating buildings just smoldered and any fire quickly died out.

But, the fireworks were pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment