Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Beginning: A First Step of a Journey

I guess every blog, like every journey, begins with a first step.  So, this is my first step.  I have tinkered with the idea of blogging for some time.  Reading posts from friends and acquaintances have been inspiring.   But, I struggled with what my blog would say. 

This last week, I had an idea.   This blog is the beginning of that idea.  As I travelled, I looked around and saw the faces of people.  I didn't see Republicans and Democrats, nor Lutherans, Methodists, Catholics, Wiccans, Agnostics, Atheists, Muslims, etc.   I didn't see blacks, Hispanics, whites, Asians.   I just saw people.  I realized it is too easy to label someone in some nice, neat, category.  But, in so doing, we can forget that there is a person there.  A person who may have family, fears, stresses, joys, and all the pitfalls, turmoil, and happiness of life.

So, this blog will consist of very few words.  But, it will consist of photographs of people I have met.  There may be nothing special about these people.  They may not be friends.  Nor, enemies.  They are, just people, with hopes, dreams, disappointments, successes....with lives.  

I want to express my sincere thanks to each of them for permitting me to photograph them.  May they, and you, the readers, have a wonderful life.  And, remember, that we are all, Just People.

So, with that.  My first posting.   A photo of my future, 26 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment