Monday, May 23, 2016

Victoria Day 2016

One of the things I thoroughly enjoy about my job is that I have the ability to interact with and learn about other cultures.  You may think that there is not a lot of difference between Canada and the US.  And, in many respects, we are quite similar.   But, we have our differences in a variety of ways.

I have learned that the best thing I can do is to keep my mouth shut and my ears open.  I can learn from everyone. 

Today is Victoria Day.   The only similarity to the US Memorial Day is that is occurs at the end of May.   For the US, Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have served our country and those who made the ultimate sacrifice.   Victoria Day is to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday.   As such, it is more similar to our President's Day.

Regardless, most of Canada is taking a wonderful day off today. This past weekend marks the beginning of the Cottage Season.   People are getting out of town and heading for the lakes to enjoy the warmth, the sun, fishing, etc.



I have very much enjoyed working with the Canadian friends and co-workers.   I wish them a wonderful, safe, warm day. 

I am heading up there this week.   And, I am looking forward to it!

Be safe my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment