Sunday, April 7, 2019

Leaving Paris: Marie (A Gem of Paris)

In my last night in Paris, the group had dinner at a corner restaurant that we had visited 2 days earlier (L'Horizon).


On that first visit, Marie was our waitress.  Well, actually, she helped our waiter with my drink order, "an Old Fashion".  The waiter had no clue what it was.  But, she was clearing a table near us, heard the order and responded, "Oui.  We can make that!  Our bartender can do it!".  It wasn't long after that I had my first Old Fashion in a couple of weeks.

Marie was lovely, kind and attentive. On our second visit to the restaurant, on our last night, we were all quite tired of walking around.   We sat down.  The waiter came to take our order and brought an Old Fashion. and sat it down in front of me.  We hadn't even ordered yet.  But, Marie had seen us walk in and had ordered it for me.

Nicely done, Marie.   Nicely done.

You are a wonderful person.

Thank you for such wonderful kindness, service, and smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment