Sunday, June 6, 2021

D-Day 2021

 I am clearly not on my game and completely missed that June 6th was the anniversary of D-Day.  I am grateful to other bloggers who are more mindful and graciously pointed it out to me privately.


3 years ago I was on Omaha Beach, Sword Beach, Pointe du-Hoc, and Sainte Mere Eglise.  It was incredibly moving.  It was the 74th anniversary of Day.  And people gathered around to remember the Allied soldiers who landed that day and began the liberation of Europe.  I ended the day with a visit to the US cemetery.   There, 10,000 US soldiers lay at rest.  At the monument at the cemetery are the names of those who were never found. 

I met French, Dutch, English, Spanish and more all paying their respects.  May we never forget the greatest generation in modern history. 







No comments:

Post a Comment