Monday, March 5, 2012

RSA: Employees in the Booths

The RSA Conference officially kicked off Monday evening with the opening of the trade show floor.  This massive facility held 100's of vendor booths.  The grand opening is quite an event.  Several thousand paying delegates wait at the doors until the magic 6:00 PM hour.  The security guards look a little nervous.  Suddenly the doors open and it is akin to the Black Friday sale at Target.  However, Target doesn't offer free food and beverages of the adult persuasion.

I plan to break out the photos into three general categories over the next few posts:  Employees; Delegates; and Booth Bunnies.  Because of the numbers of gracious people who were willing to be photographed, there may be multiple posts for each of the categories.  I want to include as many of the photographs as I can before the readers get too bored with this topic!

Typically, I ask the subjects for their first name in order to reference them.  But, with the crowds, that became difficult.  So, with rare exception, you will see just the photographs of people who caught my eye.

As always, I want to thank everyone who consented to be photographed.

And..off we go:

First, a sense of the show room floor.  You can see a slight reflection of the escalator in the glass to the right of the image.  That intrigued me. 


So..I tried to get a little artsy fartsy with the next image below.  It is looking down onto the floor with a reflection of the upper level and people going down the escalator behind me.  I don't know whether I like it.  I was curious whether it would turn out with the depth of field lighting I wanted.  I promise not to get too arty fartsy again until I get some feedback on this image.  So...anyone....anyone.....hello....is anyone there?.


I liked this team.  They were most gracious and took time to chat with me in spite of the crowd.  Notice how he got the name of the company into the photo!  He is destined for greatness!

I stopped and chatted with these people because I liked the color matched tie's with the display background.   Clearly someone smarter and more talented than me helped put it together!   I still think stripes and plaids go together.   Just ask my team what I wear to work!


We chatted camera's.


To be heard above the noise, several vendors use microphone headsets with speakers.  I rather liked this display.  They each played a "role" in a themed presentation about bad guys, good guys, and data investigations.

Working the booth is a tough gig.  These folks were on their feet several hours a day.   They did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment