Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ye Old Ice Cream Shoppe

Blessed with unseasonably warm weather this week, we have seen the snow disappear 4-6 weeks earlier than normal.   I am not complaining.

With the warmer weather, people are outside again.  I see them walking dogs.  Walking kids.   Walking cats.  OK...I haven't seen anyone walking a cat yet.  But I may!

I was invited to tag along with the Big D one night this week while he was out running errands with his mom.  If you remember Sheriff Andy Taylor, Opie, and Aunt Bea, you may remember the small town soda shop. 

Meet Rick at Two Scoops and catch a glimpse of his business.  It was almost like walking back in time.  He was having a great time visiting with both new and old (ahhh..that could include me) customers.  And, the shop was BUSY!  I thoroughly enjoyed watching him in action.  I have a lot of respect for the small business man.  Well done, Rick!



The colors and flavors were...enticing!  Can you imagine being a little kid and looking at this?  Hard to choose.  Let's see...I was pretty clear about what most of these flavors were.  But, "horehound" does have me a bit perplexed!

Sucker anyone?


I confess to having a thing for chocolate, cherry, marshmallow malts.


Strawberry, orange, and grape soda!!


Ahhhh yes.  Good to the last drop.


Even Sasha and Kodiak were hanging around looking for a handout.  Good thing the Big D finished his before he walked outside!

1 comment:

  1. Dad called tonight about the weather. He said "you live in Minneapolis, right?" I didn't correct him, he has his fuzzy moments and to do so only upsets him. We've had the warm weather as well. But I went and got thai hot lunch. Ice cream might have been the better idea.

    ReplyDelete