Friday, March 15, 2013

Polar Bear Plunge: Wrapping Up

Just to calm your fears, this little one was NOT a jumper.  She cheered Dad on.

Finally, is there anything better than a roaring fire on a cold winter day?  Well, yes...a lot, actually.  But, this was pretty nice!


This wraps up the photos of the Polar Bear Plunge.  It was a great time.  The weather cooperated for Minnesota.  It was a tropical 25 F.  It could easily have been -10F!  To all the people who jumped for this worthwhile cause, I thank you.

A couple of weeks ago I posted about my aunt Gladys who passed away.  She and her husband had a Down's Syndrome child named Loring.  I remember him well.  He died in 2002 when he was in his 40's.  I was one of the pall bearers.  When Gladys passed away, she was buried next to Loring.  I was, again, one of the pall bearers.  I need to visit Loring more often.

I think this is a wonderful cause. 

Thank you, all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment