Friday, November 1, 2013

Architecture. Something Completely Different.

I happened to be downtown Minneapolis to do a few quick photos of a couple getting married.  I parked in a new spot, at the top of a ramp.  And, looked over the edge and saw this painted on the side of a building.


It has been years since I've seen it.  But, I believe it was there 100 years ago with I was a kid.  It covers the entire side of the music store.  I think it is awesome.

So, the architecture bug bit me.  I needed a few images of buildings.

I think someone sneezed when they built this.   Then someone said, "what the hell, leave it and keep going.  We have a deadline to meet."  Something like that, anyway.


But, reflections are fun!
 
 
Below is the east side (I think) of the Hennepin Government Center.  I rather like the symmetry.

Within the lobby is a row of cannon fountains.   I took a few pics and then needed to find a rest room.  I have no idea why.

 
It was shortly after this that the bride and bride arrived for their wedding.   I need to ask them whether I can include a photo in the blog.  It was a pretty cool moment, I think.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment