Monday, August 25, 2014

A Birthday Party: For Lois: 1

I have known Lois for a long time.   I believe we met over 20 years ago.   She retired from teaching about 15 years ago.   And, this summer, she turned 80 yrs old. 

With the exception of a rescue dog, she lives alone.  She has family and friends, of course.   Some are near.  Some, not.

She is also in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's.  She knows it.  And, we, and others, have chipped in to help her keep her place.....for as long as she can.

This summer, we threw her one hell of a birthday party.

The guests in the next few posts, are mostly unknown to me.   Lois knew them.  And, that's all that matters.

Meet Ron. 



Ron and Lois were close friends for years.   Age and some illness has kept Ron in the care of others now.   But, his son brought him to the party.  I thought it was a marvelous thing.  Seeing them hug one another again, was one of the nicest things I have ever seen.

I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.


Thanks Ron.  It was an honor having you join us.   And, I know Lois loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment