Friday, August 22, 2014

The Backyard: Open Shutter, B Mode

One night, before it got pretty dark, I decided to drag out the tripod and do some open shutter work.  The setting on the camera is for "B" mode.  This represents "Bulb" and means that the shutter will stay open as long as I depress the button.

The results are largely trial and error.  So, I took 3 different shots.  This was the longest, at about 12 seconds.


It helped to have a full moon behind the house.  So, you can see the chimney, roof line and solar lights. 

I think I will do more of this, as long as the mosquitos don't eat me alive. 
 

2 comments:

  1. You turned the lawn into watermelon rind with the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! It was pretty cool. It was quite dark. I was surprised at how well it worked!

    ReplyDelete